亞 Kim Ha-seong, aiming for the first Gold Glove as an infielder, fails to win the Fielding Bible Award
Reporter Sangjin Oh = Kim Ha-seong (28, San Diego Padres), a ‘defense master’ recognized in the Major League, failed to win the Fielding Bible Award.
‘Sports Info Solutions (SIS)’, a company specializing in Major League Baseball (MLB) data analysis, announced the list of winners of the ‘2023 Fielding Bible Award’ on the 27th (Korean time).
The Fielding Bible Award, which was born in 2006 and is now in its 18th year, is an award given to the best defender in each position. Unlike the Gold Glove, one player is selected for each position regardless of the two major leagues (American League and National League), and 16 panels vote for the top 10 players for each position. The 1st place vote is worth 10 points, the 2nd place vote is 9 points, the 3rd place vote is 8 points, etc. The player who scores the most points by adding up the voting results (out of 160 points) receives the award.
At this year’s Fielding Bible Awards, Pittsburgh Pirates third baseman Key Brian Hayes won the ‘Player of the Year’ award. 1st baseman Christian Walker (Arizona Diamondbacks), 2nd baseman Andres Jimenez (Cleveland Guardians), 3rd baseman Brian Hayes, shortstop Dansby Swanson (Chicago Cubs), left fielder Stephen Kwan (Cleveland), center fielder Kevin Kiermaier (Toronto Blue Jays). , right fielder Fernando Tatis Jr. (San Diego), catcher Gabriel Moreno (Arizona), pitcher Zack Greinke (Kansas City Royals), and multi-position (utility) Mookie Betts (LA Dodgers) were selected as winners for each position.
Ha-Seong Kim was eliminated from receiving the Fielding Bible Award after being pushed out by Jimenez and Betts in the second baseman and utility (multi-position) categories, who were among the three finalists for the Gold Glove. SIS said about second baseman Jimenez, “Jimenez, who finished second to Brandon Rogers (Colorado Rockies) last year, won the first Fielding Bible Award a year later in 2023. Jimenez recorded 23 DRS (Defensive Runs Saved) this year. “That’s the highest of any second baseman. He’s the only Guardians player to win this award at second base.”
Betts, winner of the multi-position category, played three positions this season, including right fielder (107 games), second baseman (70 games), and shortstop (16 games). SIS said, “Betts is the sixth recipient of the Fielding Bible Award. The six wins in the 18-year history of the Fielding Bible Award are tied with Andrelton Simmons and Yadier Molina for the most. This is the first time Betts has won this award in the multi-position category. “This is the first time. The other five awards were all won as right fielders. Betts became the third Dodgers player to win the multi-position award, following Cody Bellinger (2019) and Kike Hernández (2020).”
Ha-Sung Kim unfortunately lost out at the Fielding Bible Awards, but that didn’t mean his Gold Glove win was canceled. Unlike the Fielding Bible Award, which is voted on by a panel of sabermetrics experts, 75% of the Gold Glove Award is voted on by 30 major league managers and up to 6 coaches from each team, excluding players from their own teams. . The remaining 25% reflects the defensive index of the Society for American Baseball Research (SABR). The utility position uses defensive indicators created through a separate process in collaboration with Rawlings and the Society for American Baseball Research (SABR).카지노사이트
In addition, unlike the Fielding Bible Award, which selects only one person per position throughout the league, the Gold Glove Award selects the winner by dividing the two major leagues, so it is worth aiming for Kim Ha-seong to become the first Asian infielder to win the Gold Glove Award.